Dentalcare Group have an exciting opportunity for a GDC Registered Head Dental Nurse to join our scenic Dental Practice in Berinsfield Village.
The first Dentalcare surgery opened in 1964 and have since built a reputation in serving people well. Our current management team came into place in 2006 and have since brought several select surgeries across Southern England into the group gradually. We are inspired by developing Centres of Excellence at every one of our practices – focused on our patients’ specialist needs such as dental implants and orthodontics.
The Role & Responsibilities
- We are looking for a committed and hardworking Head Dental Nurse to join our happy team and assist in our growth.
- As part of our nursing team, you will provide excellent chair side assistance whilst ensuring the highest levels of patient care and professionalism at all times.
- You will be managing a team of nurses, from trainee to qualified.
- Be friendly, enthusiastic and able to work well under pressure.
- A profound sense of professionalism and dedication is required for this role.
The Working Hours
- This is a full-time role, consisting of a 43-hour work week
- Mondays (08:45am – 6pm)
- Tuesdays (08:45am – 8pm)
- Wednesdays (08:45am – 6pm)
- Thursdays (08:45am – 6pm)
- Fridays (07:45am – 5pm)
- Saturdays (If / when required; at least one Saturday per month – allowing for one day off in lieu in the week)
The Berinsfield Team
- Our Dentalcare team in Berinsfield is situated near Culham station, offering bus routes into Oxford and Reading and off-road parking outside the practice.
- This is an established practice that has served the community for the past 30 years. Our Practice Manager has also been with the business for the past 16 years, ensuring that we not only have an organised and efficient team but also colleagues that work well together, always happy to support our friendly patient base.
- The practice is situated within a converted house within the beautiful village of Berinsfield, offering nearby shops. There are four surgeries available to patients, a small staff room and disability access to a mix of NHS / Private patients. Services also include Invisalign and Teeth Whitening.
- An appropriate Dental Nurse qualification or enrolment onto a (NEBDN National Diploma or equivalent) course is essential.
- You are looking to progress into a more senior role or already have senior nursing experience.
- It is important that you have good communication skills and that you want to put patients’ interest first.
- You are diligent and hardworking, reliable and caring.
- You will have an ability to work in a team, whilst highly capable to mentor and manage others.
Benefits for you
- We provide an excellent remuneration package, with a salary of £11.50 – £12.00 per hour (negotiable, dependent on experience).
- Up to 28 days paid holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays, pro rata).
- A pension scheme to help you plan for the future.
- We offer Indemnity insurance to all of our nurses, as well as GDC membership paid after 2 years.
- Additional benefits through Perkbox.
- You will be supported by our Practice Manager to make sure you get the right training and development to be successful. We will also provide you with CPD and support you in your personal development throughout your career with us.
- We are a recognised “Investors in People” company.
If you are passionate about supporting patients and genuinely want to provide an excellent dental experience, we can offer you a career working in a friendly and supportive environment so please get in touch with us today!
Dental Care Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes a criminal record check.