Patient Liaison & Risk Coordinator – £28K + Excellent benefits
Colosseum Dental are a market leading dental company with over 80 dental practices across the South of the UK.
We have an exciting opportunity within our clinical performance team.
Purpose of Job:
To provide support and guidance in the effective ways of handling complaints, reporting, training.
• To handle patient complaints that are received via e-mail, telephone calls, and post.
• To communicate effectively and professionally with dentists, practice staff and patients.
• To communicate effectively and professionally with third party organisations on the handling of the complaints (ombudsman, NHSE, solicitors, GDC, DCS)
• To be an effective communicator and ensure all complaints received into the Head Office are acknowledged in a timely manner.
• To produce correspondence in an accurate and timely fashion relating to patient issues, editing non-clinical letters for our practice staff to ensure they are appropriate and to a high standard.
• To assist in the resolution of patient complaints, within given timescales, provide appropriate advice to patients and staff.
• To be a contact in the Head Office for patient related issues.
• To assist in producing reports and collate information from practices on complaints handling
• To handle the running of the complaints system and support to Practice Managers on the use of the system.
• Provide training to practice staff with the complaints system and general handling of complaints.
• Compliance administration processes – monitoring internal audit outcomes, supporting compliance managers, ensuring smooth process of regulatory compliance.
• Updating correspondence templates for our practice staff to use, alongside Marketing.
• Training new members of the team to ensure they acquire the same high standard of knowledge.
• Administrative filing of patient cases appropriately.
• Copying patient records and burning x-rays to disk for practices/patients.
• Understanding the dental business including the role of the NHS and the private sector.
• Logging third party complaints on the associated trackers for reporting.
• Discrete and confidential
• Previous Customer Service experience
• Good level of working knowledge in Word and Excel.
• Previous experience of using databases and producing reports
• Positive attitude
• Great communicator
• Attention to detail
Clinical background/ experience advantageous
Conflict management training advantageous