You would be the first person most people will see or talk to and ideally you are a positive, cheerful and friendly person, who works calmly and efficiently. Multi-tasking is an essential skill!
Your main duties would come under the umbrella of greeting and assisting patients in a calm, efficient and cheerful manner as well as providing general assistance to the practice team.
You will be given full training in how the practice reception works, and will have the support of the team whilst you are learning the ropes.
You will perform a high quality reception and administration service to ensure patient satisfaction and maximum contribution to practice efficiency, effectiveness and profitability in line with the GDC
guidelines and practice policies. Establish and maintain productive working relationships with all members of the dental team.
Duties will include –
- Greet patients politely and ensuring that the appointment system is run efficiently, monitor the flow of patients to and from consulting rooms, managing queues & all telephone and face to face interaction.
- Ensure patients are informed if a dentist is running late or called out.
- Ensure “urgent extras” are monitored with appropriate guidance, act on the notes e.g. if a patient does not like a particular thing.
- Advise patients of relevant charges, take payment and issue receipts.
- Give appropriate forms to all new patients e.g medical history, nervous patient questionnaire,
- Smile Check form etc.
- Respond to all queries and requests for assistance from patients and other visitors to the practice as appropriate.
- Keep reception and waiting room stocked with promotional items & pens, business cards, referral cards, medical history, patients cards, envelopes, leaflets, water cups etc
- Keep reception areas, waiting room and patients’ restroom clean, tidy and welcoming.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures & work in accordance with written
- Manage the sales of oral hygiene and other dental products to patients and ensure patients are provided with the opportunity to buy the items they need.
- Liaise with dental laboratories, supplies and other organisations as required, keeping records of laboratory work in and out.
- Maintain working knowledge of the appointment system i.e. times of all appointments, duration of appointments, knowledge of computer system, dentist rota, procedures for booking routine and urgent appointments.
- Book appointments accurately and appropriately, initialling data entries.
- Monitor daily available appointments and report any overload as appropriate.
- Ensure patient cards are kept accurately in alphabetical order, in main file in easily retrievable and tidy manner.
- Retrieve and re-file records as required by clinical team/admin staff.
- Checking and processing accounts, sending overdue accounts.
- Have working knowledge of telephone system.
- Receive and make calls as required.
- Ensure phones are accurately transferred to and from offices
- Out of hours procedure and downloading any messages.
- Ensure that all patient interactions are dealt with confidentially and any confidential paperwork is dealt with in accordance with practice protocol.
- Provide non clinical patient care, dealing with requests for information, call backs, enquiries, requests to speak to clinical staff, ensuring confidentiality and privacy for patients.
- Ensure patients have access to any relevant leaflets etc, consent forms when needed.
- Asking for referrals, testimonials, filming testimonials & other internal marketing at the reception desk.
- Deal in an appropriate and prompt manner with patient feedback and inform the practice manager about patient comments and complaints.
- Maintain working knowledge of practice IT systems, reporting any problems.
- Adhere to practice policies regarding security and confidentiality, records management roles and responsibilities and computer skills.
- Carry out routine house-keeping procedures on the computer, including undertaking regular back-ups in line with practice policies.
- Respond to and action Practice Notes.
- Enter referrals accurately onto system, and process all referrals received by post and email.
About Ravenscourt Dental
Our holistic philosophy takes into account the health of each patient individually, examining all of the factors that can lead to dental and oral health problems and not simply focusing on individual teeth.
We pride ourselves in treating all our patients with openness and transparency as well as sharing the tools to look after their own dental health, enabling us to achieve excellent results time after time.
We are extremely proud of the service we offer our patients and we are very pleased that our hard work was reflected in our most recent CQC inspection in July 2013, which you can view here: www.cqc.org.uk
For more than 20 years, Dr. Hitesh Batavia and his highly qualified team have provided exceptional dental care in the heart of West London, offering expertise and advanced treatments in everything from braces and crowns to implants and smile makeovers.